Thoughts on Creativity

 When I used to think of creativity, I'd think of color. Big bursts of all the colors you can imagine. Paints of all kinds, bright pictures, photos that make you think, big swirly lines, etc. Kind of like how when you search up creativity on places like pinterest or google, this pops up.


I would think of those people who do a drawing a day, or the guys that take music albums and make them smaller on a screen and fill in the rest of the canvas with what they think is outside of the picture. I'd imagine people building things that no one ever has before. With things like legos or even real buildings. 

However, now that I have been introduced to this course that I'm taking, called "Fostering Creativity," when I think about the word creativity, a sort of battle happens in my mind. Creativity still means those things, but I'm leaving out 90% of the creative world. My box of small minded had suddenly been opened to a whole world with one of our first assignments. I mean I always knew that the "creatives" could be anything. Or did I? I'm not entirely sure. Similar to how I'm still figuring the word creativity out, I am also figuring myself out, so I suppose it's okay to not know for now. And I can't wait to see where it takes me in the future. 

Comments

  1. Making your thoughts, fantasies, and aspirations come true is a key component of creativity. I believe that to be creative is to be able to see things differently or from new angles, being able to think of fresh options or possibilities, among other things. 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment