Some Things I Think About A Lot

A list of differences that I have noticed in my day to day life since moving to Colorado: (I used to live on a small tropical island)

- I can leave drinks in my room and they will not get ants

- I don't think I've seen ants more that one time here

- The heat cycle of the days is like a few hours later than I am used to. For example, it reaches the hottest at like 1 instead of 11, and starts cooling down at like 8 rather than 6

- Things like chocolate will not melt if they are in my bag all day

- I check the temperature on my phone instead of looking at the sky and the clouds

- I can wear hoodies and not sweat

- It's weird not having the ocean right next to me all the time

- I haven't encountered like more than one bug inside a building

- At home I have geckos always climbing around on the walls and I miss that

- You can walk to almost everything here

- Walking here is a lot more enjoyable because it doesn't feel like it's 95 degrees outside

- I think about this every day, NOBODY MAKES GOOD RICE (maybe it's just the city heights dining hall but still it's so easy)

- I sometimes find myself forgetting english words for certain things because before I only used the Hawaiian words

- It never rains here!

- I'm more used to seeing rainbows than my friends who are from here

- No earthquakes!!! (If I had one wish, it would be to never experience an earthquake again)

Comments