these cool stairs i saw + empathetic design!!


The other day I was exploring downtown Denver with a friend, and I came across these stairs. It was after the empathetic design exercise, so I couldn't talk about it there, but I can talk about it on here! I'm gonna start with the fact that I think big huge stairways are cool because we only really have small ones where I'm from. But regardless, I think these ones that I came across are additionally cool because if you look closely, you can see that there is a ramp built into the stairs. So not only is this a very accommodating feature to people who might not be able to get up stairs as well, but an aesthetically pleasing design choice. Usually, when I think about empathetic design, I think of metal ramps next to concrete stairs you can tell they didn't add until very recently. But with this, I absolutely love how it's built in, and was obviously not made with the boundaries of how we think a ramp should look or how people usually build them anyways. 

Comments